The National Security Law Society (NSLS) has three primary objectives:
(1) We aim to promote a community of NYU Law students interested in national security law.
(2) We work to foster informal yet informative discussions with experts in different areas of national security law.
(3) We create mentoring and networking opportunities for students who wish to enter the field, and provide an additional way for students to demonstrate their interest in national security to potential employers.
To accomplish this mission, our group organizes a multitude of events throughout the school year: informal lunch discussions with national security and policy experts, student-led reading group meetings, and mentoring and career development events. These events give students the chance to engage in lively debates about different areas of national security law with people who are truly experts in both the public and private sectors.
Moreover, many of our events are coordinated closely with and supported by the Reiss Center on Law and Security. In recent years, we've welcomed Wally Adeyemo (Deputy Secretary of the Treasury), Beth George '10 (former Deputy General Counsel at the Department of Defense), Alissa Starzak (Head of Public Policy at Cloudflare), Ben Huebner '06 (Chief of ODNI's Civil Liberties, Transparency, and Privacy Office), and many others.
We look forward to seeing you at our next NSLS event!
For more information (or to be added to our mailing list), please reach out to the current 2022-2023 NSLS Board:
- Co-President: Jake Dow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-President: Paris Cione (email@example.com)
- Co-President: Don Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Jordan Bowden (email@example.com)
- Communications Chair: Gordon Ahl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mentorship Chair: Asher Zlotnik (email@example.com)