Summer term housing for NYU Law students is offered from May 21 to August 5, 2023
- All spring 2023 graduates and returning students in good financial standing with the University are eligible to apply.
- Applicants may apply to stay from a minimum 4 to 11 weeks.
- Students who will continue to live in Law Housing during the fall 2023 term may, in some cases, switch into their fall assignments.
- Check in days will be on Sundays and check out days will be on Saturdays.
- You may request apartment mates, but we cannot guarantee placements.
- Current residents switching into a different apartment assignment for the summer will be required to do so as scheduled by the Department of Residence Services (Sunday, May 21 beginning at 10:00 a.m. and must complete their switch by 2:00 p.m. on the same day).
- All applicants must agree to comply with the License Agreement.
Housing for the period between the end of the Spring Term and the start of the Summer Term
- Only current spring 2023 residents who request and are confirmed for summer housing stay for week 1 (May 21, 2023 - summer housing start date) are eligible for transition housing.
- Current residents switching into a different apartment assignment for the transition housing and summer will be required to do so as scheduled by the Department of Residence Services (Sunday, May 21 at 10:00 a.m. EST) and must be completed by 2:00 p.m. (EST) on the same day).
- Residents will be charged the pro-rated Summer 2023 weekly rate that corresponds with the apartment type to which they are assigned. Please see the summer housing rates to determine the rate charged for Transition Housing.
Summer housing applicants must apply for a minimum stay of 4 consecutive weeks.
Summer to Fall housing
Housing for the period between the end of the Summer term and the start of the Fall term
- Only available to NYU Law Students who have a summer assignment for week 11 (July 30-August 5, 2023) and have a confirmed housing assignment for the Fall 2023 term (beginning August 26, 2023).
- Those applicants assigned during this period must switch into their academic year housing assignment around August 8.
- Residents will be charged the 2023 early arrival daily rate that corresponds with the apartment type to which they are assigned.
- Due to the arrival of the entering class, only those residents with a Fall 2023 housing assignment will be accommodated during this time.
Change Dates of Stay
- Your initial reservation does not give you priority for changing your dates of stay.
- Residents are charged on a full-week basis (Sunday – Saturday) regardless of whether they arrive later or leave earlier than the confirmed lease period.
- After check-in, residents are bound to the full license period and may not request to shorten their confirmed dates of stay.
- If your hall/room is not available at the time of your extension request, you must check-out by your original departure date.
- No request to change an arrival or departure date is guaranteed.
- Please contact the Housing Team for this request: email@example.com
- Residents will be billed by the NYU Bursar's Office and student account information is available in Albert. Please see the Payment page for further information.
- Payment for all summer housing charges must be made in full by May 15, 2023. Residents who face financial hardship should contact the Office of Student Financial Services to arrange a housing payment plan. Residents with an approved housing payment plan will not be assessed the $100 late payment fee.
- Those summer residents who fail to make payment by May 15, 2023 will be unable to participate in the course selection lottery and will be charged a $100 late payment fee.
- Students who are financially obligated to the University for tuition, housing, library or other services will have a "HOLD" placed on their account until all arrears have been paid.